Focus on Gratitude
Today is my 32nd birthday! How I am already 32, I do not know but here I am. Exactly where I want to be. It is so easy to forget all the things you have accomplished and always look ahead to what you think is missing. Back in my twenties I would wish and wish for the life I am living now. Yet I find myself constantly thinking “this” will be better when “this” happens. “This” being; losing weight, the kids getting older, less child care costs, a new job, different house, new workout program, etc… The problem here is, I am not allowing myself to focus on gratitude.
It Won’t Get Better
Spoiler alert, it won’t get better. You will get the “thing” to happen and be disappointed, which will lead to the next “thing” needing to happen so you can be happy. Its quite the disappointing process! To put an end to this exhausting chaos, there are a few things you can do to focus on the moment.
- Look at the positive of each situation
- Focus on gratitude
These are two things I do daily to set my intentions for the day. When you focus on all the things that you are grateful for, it makes it difficult to allow room for all of the negative thoughts that are trying to consume your mind. Gratitude can be anything! Something so simple as your mascara, to your family and friends.
Make a List
I encourage you to make a list of all the things you are grateful for next time you are feeling down, this will allow you to change the focus of your attention. You will be amazed with all of the wonderful little things in your life you have been overlooking!
To set the example 😉 here are a few things I am grateful for today!
- My husband supporting all my business ideas in order to improve myself and be more available to him, our kids, and our home.
- Fall temperatures are on the horizon!!
- A great girls night out I just had with my best friends.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides capsules (I don’t like the powder in my water).
- Our new home! -We moved in August, and with all the chaos of life, I feel like it is just now sinking in that we are settled in and actually live here.
- My new Apple Watch-its making me want to move more.
- Hot Pilates. Holy cow! I just took a class for the first time in a long time. It was wonderful!
- Nolan’s cute little lisp when he talks and how he says elephant.
- Olvia’s expression for love; I love _____ allll day. It’s the cutest.
- My birthday falls on Columbus Day, which I get off of work, but the kids do not get off from school. YES!
Tell me something you are grateful for!